EASTERN ART STUDY ROOM
Open Monday–Friday, 10am–1pm and 2–4.30pm, by appointment
Please book at least a week in advance
BOOK IN ADVANCE
Book your appointment to visit the Study Room by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)1865 288107.
If you would like to visit us as part of a group, please get in touch to discuss what you’d like to see and the numbers attending.
Please book at least a week in advance.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COLLECTION INCLUDE:
- Early Chinese greenware ceramics
- Modern Chinese paintings
- Japanese export porcelain
- Japanese art of the Meiji period (1868–1912)
- Islamic ceramics
- Islamic embroideries
- Indian printed-cotton fragments
- Indian, Tibetan and South-East Asian sculptures and paintings
DURING YOUR VISIT
- The Study Room is on the Museum’s first floor, off gallery 29. Gallery staff will be able to help you find it.
- The Study Room is accessible to people in wheelchairs.
- Under 16s are not normally allowed in the Study Room, but special arrangements can be made for children working on specific school projects.
- Please do not bring food or drink.
- Please leave large or wet bags and coats in the Ashmolean lockers on the Lower Ground Floor before you come to the Study Centre.
Photography of objects is only allowed for private use or study, and permission is needed for any form of publication (please contact the Picture Library for guidance about ordering and reproducing images).