ANNUAL APPEAL 2021
Home to half a million years of history, the Ashmolean Museum offers visitors of all ages the opportunity to travel millennia in minutes and explore art and archaeology from around the globe – ranging from Egyptian artefacts and Anglo-Saxon treasures, to modern masterpieces. Free to all and open every day, we offer something for everyone.
The Ashmolean depends on its many supporters in everything it does and we ask that you support us once more. Donations to the 2021/22 Appeal will help underpin all of our work and we welcome donations from all those who want to help us:
- Make our collections accessible to all, whether on-line or in-person
- Protect the objects and works of art in our care
- Inspire and engage our visitors through a programme of public engagement, education and outreach activities
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Although the past year and a half has unquestionably presented some of the greatest challenges the Museum has ever had to face, it also reconfirmed our commitment to providing a sense of community and connectedness to the public we serve and reaffirmed the value of museums and cultural engagement for our health and happiness. Quite simply, access to arts is more vital than ever and we are determined to continue to enrich lives, inspire minds and open doors.
We are seeking to raise £100,000 in order to continue to engage and inspire the public – both online and in person.
WHAT YOUR GIFT COULD DO
From as little as £5 a month, or a single gift of £50, you can:
- safeguard the treasures of the past for current and future generations
- bring history to life for the thousands of school children and young people who visit each month
- make our collections discoverable to all - enabling new virtual content, in-gallery workshops, and on-site events
- increase our understanding through research and teaching – while providing an unmatched resource for scholars and students
Donations of any size are very much appreciated and will support the work at the very heart of our mission – fuelling imaginations and transforming lives through inspiring and enlivening experiences – whilst also allowing us to look to the future with ambition and confidence.
We hope you will join us in this important endeavour and invite you to donate today.
Please support our 2021/22 Appeal
MAKING YOUR GIFT
In line with Government guidelines, many of the Museum staff are working remotely. If you would like to support the Ashmolean, the best way to do so at this time is through our donation page. We apologise in advance for delays in processing gifts made by post.